1. Find the next number in the series 5, 20, 24, 6, 2, 8, ?
2. If a car covers 300 miles in 2 hrs, then what is the velocity of the car?
3. If a gold chain is broken into 3 pieces, then how many number of openings
required to make a full chain again.
4. What is 10% of 50?
5. If RANGE is coded as 12345, RANDOM is coded as 123678, the how can PAKISTAN as?
6. Which one is greater 71/8, 3/4, 7/9?
8. A lady points out the man and said "this man mother is the only daughter of my mother¯, then how is the lady relates to the man?
9. My father has three sisters, and each children of my grand father having two children each. Then how many cousins I have?
10. If MANGO is coded as 82347 then .. is coded as?(I forgot this )
1)How many devices can work on a single IDE channel?
2)ISDN uses --technology
a. only digital
b. digital and analog
c. only analog
d. neither digital nor analog
3)If a computer's BIOS allow, you can boot from a CD-ROM
4).CD-ROMs typically hold --- of data
5)Firmware refers to what component?
b. Floppy drives
6)Your CD-ROM audio cable connects to the:
b. sound card
7)Conventional memory is the first ---k?
8)What is the easiest way to make a bootable floppy disk?
a. buy one
b. using the sys c:a:/bootup command
9)A user complains that when opening email attachments, the attachments
disappear or cause an application error. What could cause this problem?
a.a possible virus
b.an incorrect setting in config.sys
c.autoexec.bat loading improperly
d.an incorrectly installed e-mail program
10)What is the purpose of a driver?
a. tells the OS how to interact with the device
b. improves the performance of installed devices by optimizing
c. provides more useful memory by moving device control data to extended
d. modifies application programs to work correctly with devices attached
to a system
11). your modern will not detect a dial tone. What is the most two likely cause?
a. phone line may be defective
b. modem is set for tone dial
c.the ISP is down
d.the modem is set to disable call waiting
12) which of the following is the newest type of connector for a printer
13) On a system with one hard drive and one CD-ROM what is the typical placement of the CD-ROM drive?
a. Slave drive on the primary IDE channel
b. Master drive on the primary IDE channel
c.Slave drive on the secondary IDE channel
d. Master drive on the secondary IDE channel
14)which device connects to a parallel port?
15) What command will restore a backup copy of the registry from DOS?
16)which utility is used to partition a new hard drive in windows 98?
17)Which of the following conversions is possible in windows 98?
a.FAT 16 to NTFS
b.FAT 32 to FAT 16
c.Fat 16 to Fat32 and Fat32 to Fat 16
d.Fat 16 to Fat 32 but not Fat 32 to Fat 16
18) You have replaced the CMOS battery. What must you do next?
b.Reinstall the OS
c.Set the date and time
d.Format the hard drive
19) The first physical sector in any bootable hard disk contains which of the following?
20)What must an IDE hard drive have in order for an AGP slot?
a. Active partition
d.Extended partition Associated entries in the FAT are removed.
21)Which of the following device is designed for an AGP slot?
d.External Storage Device
22)What has occurred when HDD fails, making a grinding noise?
b.the read/ write head is in contact with the platter
c.hard drive is in power save
d. hard drive is in labor
23)which type of connector is used by analog modems?
24)From which control panel option in Windows 95 can u create a startup disk?
25)Your customer has bought a second hard disk and added it an existing computer. The first hard disk is having one primary partition and extended partition. The extended partition is divided into two logical drivers D and E. when you install the second hard drive and format it, what would be the drive letter assigned to the first logical drive on the extended partition of hard disk? Assume that the second hard disk has one primary partition and only one
logical drive on the extended partition.
26)Which port can the keyboard be connected to?
27) You get a CMOS checksum error upon boot. What is the most likely cause?
a.power supply failure
b.BIOS need to be updated
c.CMOS battery is nearing end of life
d.HDD types are incorrectly defined
28)You rare reported that the monitor at a client's place is having a problem. You are about to remove the CPU tower to trouble shoot the issue. What do you do just before opening the CPU tower?
a.wear wrist strap to prevent ESD damage to the monitor
b.Make sure that the power is switched off and the power cord is plugged out.
c.Make sure that the ESD is grounded properly
d.Connect the monitor as well as the wrist strap to the ground.
29) Which of the following files is NOT required for DOS to boot?