Directions for questions 1-10: Expand the following terms
Ans. Open Database Connectivity.
Ans. Hyper Text Markup Language
Ans. Reduced Instruction Set Computing
Ans. American Standard Code For Information Interchange
Ans. American National Standard Institute.
Ans. Extended Markup Language
Ans. Floating Point Operating Per Second
Ans. Sequential Query Language
Ans. Query By Example
Ans. Address Latch Enable
11. What is lagging in DBMS ?
Ans. Reduced Redundancy.
Directions 12 to 20: For the following questions find the odd man out
17. Hard Disk
20. Projection Operation
Set Difference Operation
21. Which of the following is a universal gate ?
22. The default back end of the VB is
23. What is meant by Superconductivity?
Ans. No reistance
25. What is the Lock Based Protocol used for?
Ans. Concurrency Control in DBMS
Directions for question 25 to 32: Convert the decimal numbers on the left to the required form
25. 9's complement of 28
26. Binary of 58
27. Octal of 359
28. Hexadecimal of 650
29. BCD of 18
30. BCD of 34.8
31. Excess-3 code of 6
32. Excess-3 code of 9
33. If Ax + By = 1F16; Cx + Dy = 2510 .Find the value of x and y
34. Semaphore is used for
(b) dead-lock avoidence
35. For addressing 1 MB memory, the number of address lines required,
36. Which of the following remains in memory temporarily
(a) Resident portion of COMMAND.COM
(b) Transient portion of COMMAND.COM
(d) Disk BIOS
37. Pick the odd man out
38. OS/2 is a
(a) Single User OS
(b) Multi User OS
(c) Multi Tasking OS
(d) None of these
39. Bootstrap loader program is a program belonging to
(a) ROM startup software
(b) ROM extension software
(c) ROM BIOS software
(d) ROM Basic software
40. The entry of starting cluster of a file is present in
(a) Boot Parameters
(d) Partition Table and master boot program
1. X < 0, Y <> 0 then what is the possibility that the result is always positive?
2. A fold density is 19 times greater than the water and for copper it is 9 times.At what ratio you can mix gold and copper to get 15 times denser than water.
Ans. 3 : 2
3. Find the value of (1.99)2
4. There is a room with 6' x 8'. A 1' tile is fixed along the 4 walls in one row. How many 1" tiles require to finish the work.
5. 2 persons can finish a job in 8 days. First person alone can finish the work in 24 days. How many days does the second person take to finish the job?
Ans. 12 days
6. A 4" cube is painted in all its faces and then it is cut down into 1" blocks. How many 1" blocks are there even without a single face being painted?
7. In a car wheel, two spokes cover 15 degree. Then for the entire car,how many spokes are there?
8. What is the angle of degree suspended when two hands of clock showing the time 2.30.
Ans. 105 degrees
9. The age difference between two brothers is 3 years. After 6 years the ratio between the age is 9:8 . What are their ages?
Ans. 21 and 18
10. A person's salary is getting reduced by 20%. What percentage should be added to get back his original salary?
11. Two persons start at the same point, walk in opposite directions with 5km/hr and 5.5km/hr respectively. What is the distance separated after 2 and half hrs?
Ans. 26.25 (approx)
12. A person starts walking at a speed of 5km/hr through half the distance, rest of the distance he covers with a speed 4km/hr. Total time of travel is 9 hours. What is the maximum distance he can cover?
13. Initially two cups of same volume are present with milk filled upto 3/5th and 4/5th of their volumes.Water is then filled. Then two mixtures are mixed. Find the ratio of water to milk in the mixture.
Ans. 3 : 7
14. 16 grams of radioactive material decays into 8 grams in 10 years. How long will it take to decay to 1 gram ?
Ans. 70 yrs.
15. In a rectangle the length is increased by of the original length . By what proportion should the width be reduced so that the area will be the same?
16. Find the nth number in the series is 1, -3, 5, -7.___
17. If a square is formed by the diagonal of the square as an edge, what is the ratio between the area?
18. The perimeter of a rhombus is 52 units. One of its diagonal is 24 units.What is its second diagonals length?
19. A cubical rectangular bar has the dimensions with the ratio 5 : 4 : 3. Its volume is 7500. What is the surface area of the bar?
19. In a class total 34 students, 16 are have a brother, 15 are have sisters, 9 students don't have either brothers or sisters.Find the number of students having both brother and sisters.
20. A batsman scored 18 runs in his 18th innings and that makes his average 18. Find his average upto the 17th innings?