This is only a sample paper. We are not providing you with all the questions - just some questions to give you a general idea of the test .
ANALYTICAL REASONING SECTION
Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C
Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D
Only one step is vacant ( No one standing on that step )
Denote the first step by step 1 and second step by step 2 etc.
(a) Mr. B is on the second step
(b) Mr. C is on the fourth step.
(c) A person Mr. E, could be on the third step
(d) Mr. D is on higher step than Mr. C.
(a) step 1
(b) step 2
(c) step 4
(d) step 5
(e) step 6
(a) 2&e only
(b) 3&5 only
(c) 3&4 only
(d) 4&5 only
(e) 2&4 only
ii. In a particular configuration A and C must either both an odd numbered steps or both an even-numbered steps
iii. A person E can be on a step next to the vacant step.
(a) i only
(b) ii only
(c) iii only
(d) both i and iii
Directions for questions 6-9: The questions are based on the information given below
i. B does not win.
ii. Only two swimmers separate E & D
iii. A is behind D & E
iv. B is ahead of E , with one swimmer intervening
v. F is a head of D
6. Who stood fifth in the race ?
(e) cannot be determined
9. If the end of the race, swimmer D is disqualified by the Judges then swimmer B finishes in which place
Directions for questions 10-14: The questions are based on the information given below
Five houses lettered A,B,C,D, & E are built in a row next to each other. The houses are lined up in the order A,B,C,D, & E. Each of the five houses has a colored chimney. The roof and chimney of each housemust be painted as follows.
i. The roof must be painted either green,red ,or yellow.
ii. The chimney must be painted either white, black, or red.
iii. No house may have the same color chimney as the color of roof.
iv. No house may use any of the same colors that the every next house uses.
v. House E has a green roof.
vi. House B has a red roof and a black chimney
10. Which of the following is true ?
(a) At least two houses have black chimney.
(b) At least two houses have red roofs.
(c) At least two houses have white chimneys
(d) At least two houses have green roofs
(e) At least two houses have yellow roofs
11. Which must be false ?
(a) House A has a yellow roof
(b) House A & C have different color chimney
(c) House D has a black chimney
(d) House E has a white chimney
(e) House B&D have the same color roof.
12. If house C has a yellow roof. Which must be true.
(a) House E has a white chimney
(b) House E has a black chimney
(c) House E has a red chimney
(d) House D has a red chimney
(e) House C has a black chimney
I. A red roof 7 a black chimney
II. A yellow roof & a red chimney
III. A yellow roof & a black chimney
(b) II only
(c) III only
(d) I & II only
14. What is the maximum total number of green roofs for houses
NOTE: The questions from 15-27 are multiple choice in the paper
15. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe
Ans 5c1/ 9c1
16. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned
17. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
18. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100%
19. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square.
20. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. The thicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice
Ans: 3 hours.
21. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
22. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
23. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST .
24. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price ?
25. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes
27. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4 days in a week. What is the total amount paid for that worker ?
Ans : 57.50
28. If the value of x lies between 0 & 1 which of the following is the largest?
DATA SUFFICIENCY SECTION
(b) If condition (ii) alone is sufficient
(c) If both conditions together are sufficient
(d) If condition (i) alone & (ii) alone are sufficient
(e) information not sufficient
ength of the shadow cast by the man.
(i) The pole is 18 feet high
(ii) The man is 12 feet from the pole
(i) By itself, pipe B can fill up the reservoir in 20 minutes
(ii) Pipe B has a larger cross-sectional area than pipe A
(i) K is divisible by 4
(ii) K is divisible by 3
(i) A is 15 miles from C
(2) C is 25 miles from B
(i). If Melissa Brown's novel was published she would receive atleast $1000 in royalities during 1978
(ii). Melissa Brown's income for 1978 was over $1000
6. Does every bird fly?
(i) Tigers do not fly.
(ii) Ostriches do not fly
(i) Toms weight plus Moes weight equal to John's weight.
(ii) John's weight plus Moe's weight equal to Twice Tom's weight.
8. Is the figure ABCD is a rectangle if
(i) angle ABC=90(degrees)
10. Is angle BAC is a right angle
11. Is x greater than y
12. A piece of string 6 feet long is cut into three smaller pieces. How long is the longest of the three pieces?
(i). Two pieces are the same length.
(ii) One piece is 3 feet 2 inches lone
13. How many rolls of wall paper are necessary to cover the walls of a room whose floor and ceiling are rectangles 12 feet wide and 15 feet long
(i) A roll of paper covers 20 sq feet
(ii) There are no windows in the walls
(i). x is a multiple of 3
(ii). y is a multiple of 2
(i). 16 students are taking GERMANI & ENGLISH
(ii). The number of students taking ENGLISH but not GERMANI is the same as the number of students taking GERMAN
(i). The width of the
(ii). The height of the box will be 4 inches