CTS Sample Test Paper
This is only a sample paper. We are not providing you with all the questions - just some questions to give you a general idea of the test
SECTION I -
8 questions based on series.
1. These questions involve interchange of letters in a word at particular locations and also interchanging letters adjacent to those
particular locations.Certain other conditions may also be given
Let the word be ABBAABA If we apply 25 on this, it means we have to interchange the letters at positions 2 and 5, also we have to change
the letters adjacent to positions 2 and 5 i.e.from A to B and B to A.
A B B A A B after
Step 1 i.e interchange of 2 and 5 becomes AABABB
Now change adjacent elements
of 2 and 5...finally answer becomes
Ans: B A A B B A
are based on the pattern with changed numbers as described above Questions 6-8 are of the following type
To get AAABBD from BBBAAA what number should be applied:-
c) 25 & 34
1. Given the following functions
(1) f(n a b c ) = ac if n=1
(2) f(n a b c) = f( n-1 a c b) + f(
1 a b c) + f( n-1 b a c ) if n > 1
Then what is the value f( 2 a b c ) = ?
Ans: f( 2 a c b )
= ab + ac + bc.
2. Similar question on functions.
3. Based on the function in the first question] For the function f( 4 a b c ) the number of terms is...?
Hint : f( 4 a b c) = f( 3 a c b ) + f( 1 a b c ) + f( 3 b a c ) etc.
4. What is the value of the function f( 5 a b c ) = ?
Permutations and Combinations.
1. r = number of flags;n = number of poles;
Any number of flags can be accommodated on any single pole.
1) r=5,n=5 The no. of ways the flags can be arranged ?
Questions 2-5 are based on the above pattern
6. r = 5 n = 3 . If first pole has 2 flags, third pole has 1 flag How many ways can the remaining be arranged?
Questions 7.& 8. are similar to Question 6.
Question consisting of figures - Pattern-matching type.
Refer R.S Agarwal's book on Analytical Reasoning & TMHs
Quantitative ability book by Edgar Thorpe.
In this section first part of compound word is given. Select meaning of the second part from the choice given:
For all above 4 choices are given.....
Eg. Swan ---> Swansong (compound word)
a) category b) music c) television d) none
Ans: Swansong is compound
word. But song is not given as an option. so (b) music is the answer