Placement Experience :
Written Test :
1) Shortlisting on the basis of cgpa cutt off in the respective categories then
2) Technical interview and HR
1.Written Test / GD / Tech Interview/ HR Interview
Areas to Concentrate: Strategy of power plant as NTPC and DC / AC MACHINES AND
Written Test Pattern: NO WRITTEN
Interview (Specific topics for every rounds): Introduce about yourself is very important part of the interview. Then your TRAINING and PROJECTS whatever u have done .
Power Transformer , current and potential transformer , PROTECTION OF GENERATOR , BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF APPARENT , REAL AND REACTIVE POWER AND VECTOR DIAGRAMS etc
HR Round: No
Profile Offered : ASSISTANT DESIGNER ENGINEER
Pay Scale : 4.9 LPA
Eligibility Criteria : 6.5 cgpa for general/obc nc. 5.5 cgpa for sc/st.
General Advice :
1) power plant knowledge should be well known by all the candidates those who are appearing for electrical technical interview.
2) Introduce about yourself : this thing is the starter of the interview and it should be well prepared by all the juniours for making the first impression as possible as best.
3) you should know about the profile of company that what the company really does and establishment , target of the company. Etc.
4) dc and ac machines and protection( switch gear , circuit breaker and protection of generators )
5) your communication skills and timing of response at the time of interview should be preapared.
Details about the Company :
MECON Limited, formerly known as (Metallurgical & Engineering Consultants (India) Limited) is a Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Steel of the Government of India. It began in 1959 as the Central Engineering and Designing Bureau (CEDB) of the Hindustan Steel Limited (HSL), the first public sector steel company. Subsequently, CEDB grew as Metallurgical and Engineering Consultant (MECON), a subsidiary of the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).
MECON Limited provides services in Power, Energy & Environment, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Metallurgy and other specialized areas. MECON is the first engineering consultancy organization in India.
Note: This data is collected from various students across the country.