Placement Experience :
Written Test :
I have given the Aptitude of L and T (Mechanical) and the test was quite tough as 96 approx. question r there in total in 90 minutes and it includes Figure of matrix (examples as in r.s.agaraval), questions based on mechanical subjects like gear drives direction, slow speed, high speed such type of gear drives we have to find out from the groups of gear drives. basics of physics, simplequestions based on gravitational force, projectiles.
There is no quantitative aptitude. questions based on bottles (ex:four different shape of bottles given filled with water,which bottle empty first,which bottle take to fill more time like such type of question was asked. only logical questions. they will give different figures of drives, ships, they ask direction of ship, which ship will move faster, morequestions based on mechanical concept. nut bolt direction etc.
Step 1 - Written test (1 and 1/2 hrs)
Had 4 sections (15 ques each section)
1. Maths Aptitude-Simple logical ques..
2. English-not tough. general eng.. fill in the blanks type.
3. Pictorial puzzles-this section was a little different n time consuming. Puzzles may at first seem tough but they were again logical. if u can practice them from some book do it.
4. Mechanics-class 12th based. a lot like the one we practice for various engg level competition exams. a few topics that i remember are pulleys-find tension in a certain string, fluid mech, time period n frequency, spring constant will double or get halved etc.
For Mechanical students there was a separate section (25 ques) completely on mechanical stream. Its included almost all spheres. Gears were there, Fluid, production sc., Material sc. etc
actually it concentrated mostly on communication skills and your personality.
In depth knowledge of your stream was checked. HR was fine. general questions.
Profile Offered : Graduate Engineer Trainee
Pay Scale : Not disclosed
Eligibility Criteria :
* More than 60% marks in X
* More than 60% marks in XII
* More than 60% marks in Diploma (if applicable)
* Engineering Average more than 60%
* Age not more than 24 years..
* Not more than ONE BACKLOG in complete engineering course.
* Should not have appeared for Larsen & Toubro earlier
General Advice :
1.Have good academic credentials.
Details about the Company :
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) is a technology-driven USD 9.8 billion company that infuses engineering with imagination. We offer a wide range of advanced solutions, services and products.
Note: This data is collected from various students across the country.