Placement Experience :
Written Test :
"There were only 2 rounds for the whole process. The first one was a screening test - the questions were mainly related to automobile engineering, mechanical engineering and metallurgy. They selected 7 from meta and we had to attend interview at Chennai. Two of us got the job.
Well that was my first interview and so I dont know how to compare it with other campus interviews, but for me to seemed like a very informal one. There were only 2 people in the panel - one HR lady and a Tech person. Its was not a stress interview or anything, and I was under no pressure at all ( or atleast I felt very comfortable ). After the interview, though I felt I hadn't done very well and was worried if I did not match their expectations, somehow it clicked for me !! These are few of the questions I was asked during my Ashok Leyland interview:
- What is tempering? Why is it done?
- Difference between tempering and annealing?
- How do you measure hardness of rubber?
- What type of power source do you generally use for welding and why?
- What are the functions of flux in welding?
- General questions about my IPT at salem steel plant : what are the processes / what grades of steel are produced?
- Iron carbon phase diagram - Dram and explain its uses in Ashok Leyland.
- What is carburising/nitriding-chemicals used; what are the applications?
These are the only ones I remember as of now.
Profile Offered : Manufacturing
Pay Scale : 3.37 during training and 6.5 - 7.1 lpa after training including benefits
Eligibility Criteria : no standing cgpa cut off: 6cgpa arrears
no reservations applicable
three years bond (including one year of training)
General Advice :
1.Good performance in Interview
Details about the Company :
commercial vehicle manufacturing company based in Chennai, India. one of India's leading manufacturers of commercial vehicles, such as trucks and buses, as well as emergency and military vehicles.
Note: This data is collected from various students across the country.