Time allowed: Three hours Maximum marks: 200
The essay must be written in the medium specified in the Admission certificate issued to you. The name of the medium must be stated clearly on the cover of the answer-book in the space provided for the purpose. No mark will be given to the essay written in a medium other than that specified in the Admission Certificate.
(Examiners will pay special attention to the candidate's grasp of his material, its relevance to the subject chosen, and to his ability to think constructively and to present his ideas concisely, logically, and effectively.)
Write an essay on any one of the following subjects:
(1) What have we gained from our democratic set-up?
(2) My vision of an ideal world order
(3) The march of science and the erosion of human values
(4) Irrelevance of the classroom
(5) The pursuit of excellence
(6) Empowerment alone cannot help our women.