GEORGE SUMMERS PUZZLES text book is suggested
INFOSYS TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
(1) 9 cards are there. u have to arrange them in a 3*3 matrix. cards are of 4 colors.they are red,yellow,blue,green.
conditions for arrangement: one red card must be in first row or second row.2 green cards should be in 3rd column.Yellow
cards must be in the 3 corners only. Two blue cards must be in the 2nd row. Atleast one green card in each row.
Yello Red Gren
Blu Blu Gren
Yello Gren Yello
2). 4 cards are placed on a table, each card has two colors. U don't know the color of the back side of eachcard.4 persons A
B C and D are sitting on the table before the cards. They can see Red, Green Red and blue .Out of the 4 poeple 2 always lie.
They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment
B: Neither Blue/nor Green
D: Blue/ Yello
find out the color on the other side of the 4 cards
3.Red and brown tribes [FROM BARRONS GRE] Conditions to get married with each other.
4. Venn diagram regarding Rich, muscular, soft-skinned, employed, etc.,( Refer BARRONS GRE GUIDE)
1. SAKUNTALA DEVI'S PUZZLE BOOK : PUZZLES TO PUZZLE YOU.
problem no: 3. ( Brothers and Sisters) A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but
each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there?
ans: 4 boys and 3 girls.
2. No. of animals is 11 more than the no. of birds. If the no. of birds were the no. of animals and no. of animals were the no. of birds( ie.,
interchanging no.s of animals and birds.), the total no. of legs get reduced by one fifth (1/5). How many no. of birds and animals were there?
3. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251
such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured? ans: 22 + 2+ 1 = 25.
4. 2 * * |
3 * * | No. 7 does not occur in this
5 * * | multiplication.
* 4 * |
* * 3 | Find the product.
* * * * * |
ans 2 8 1
3 2 2
5 6 2
5 6 2 0
8 4 3 0 0
9 0 4 8 2
5. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one. 3 rd digit is 3 less than the second. 4 th digit is 4 more
than the second one. Find the digit.
ans : 25296.
6. There are five thieves, each loot a bakery one after the other such that the first one takes 1/2 of the total no. of the breads plus 1/2 of a bread.
Similarly 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5fth also did the same. After the fifth one no. of breads remained are 3. Initially how many breads were there?
ans : 31.
7.ESCALATOR PROBLEM OF SAKUNTALA DEVI 'PUZZLES TO PUZZLE'book.
Problem No: Problem 27( Down the escalator)
ans : the no of steps in the stair way : 46
8.Harbour line and Main line Problem of Sakuntala Devi Puzzle
book. Ans : 4/5.
( More Puzzles book)
9.There are some chicken in a poultry. They are fed with corn One sack of corn will come for 9 days.The farmer decides to
sell some chicken and wanted to hold 12 chicken with him.He cuts the feed by 10% and sack of corn comes for 30 days.
So initially how many chicken are there?
10.Two people X & Y walk on the wall of a godown in opposite
direction. They meet at a point on one side and then go
ahead. X after walking for some time, walks in opposite
direction for 15 mtrs.Then again he turns back and walks
in the original direction. What distance did Y walk before
they met again, if X walks 11 mtrs by the time Y walks
11.Problem from SAKUNTALA DEVI 'PUZZLES TO PUZZLE U'. Problem no: 23( Walking back to happiness.)
The walking time : 55 mins. With this The paper has been completed. For the lack time I have'nt typed those probs, which are in Sakuntala Devi
Puzzle books. I wish all of you the best.
Send me the mail immediately after the written test will
be over. thank you.
-Sarma. B. Y.
We do not remember the questions exactly, here we just tried to cover
the major areas.
Paper consists of two sections : 1. analytical (20 marks)
2. C skills (20 marks)total time 45 min
1. Given a cube, with different colors on its faces, and then is cut into 64 pieces, and the questions relate to the colors of different
colored small cubes.
2. A few ladies and gents sit around table in some given order and 4 questions are about their seating arrangement with some restrictions.
3. Draw a venn diagram for 3 items : white, flowers, cloth
Ans : draw 3 circles each intersecting the other , with white kept in the middle.
4. A problem related to seating arrangement of 4 people ( 2 ladies and
2 gents) with some restrictions
5. problem related to milk with water added to it for three times
Ans: 20.5 litres
6. Problem related to diagrams . Five diagrams were given and asked to
find the sixth one.
1. Max number of nodes in a binary tree with height 3 is 20 : Ans: False
2. 10,20,30,40,50,60 : give the order when put in a queue and in a stack
Ans : Queue : 10,20,30,40,50,60
stack : 60,50,40,30,20,10
3. Debugging is the process of finding
Ans : logical and runtime errors
4. trace the error:
/* some other stuff here */
Ans: syntax error
5. a problem with a function named 'myValue' will be given and asked to
find the value of main() for an argument of 150,
Ans : 150
6. Some problems related to 'for' loops.
Š 7. problem on conditional inclusion.
8. problem related to depth first and breadth first search (DSA subject)
9. study the syntax of malloc function
10. locate the error
int arr (20);
Ans: syntax error.
the above are only the guide lines, may not be the exact paper.
There are two sections in Intergraph.
1.Aptitude 20 nos
Draw venn diagram for flowers,white,clothes
(Complete question is not there)
a.A will with D
b.S will with T
c.B will with R
d.C and Q wants to be in the same team.
a)Human b)Children c)Father d)NoneŠ
8.Rs.3 costs 5 oranges.Then sold each orange at 1 rupee each.Then sold each
orange at 1 rupee each.For Rs.36 profit what is the no. of oranges
9.The wages of the worker was increased from Rs.18 to Rs.21 per week.The
average working hours is 7 hrs/day instead of 8 hrs/day.How much fast wokers
should do work?
10.A sales person visits M,N,P,Q,R and S
S can be varied according to the question.
Ans. S MNPQR
13.A cube is colored on the opposite faces blue,black and yellow.It is
then cut into 36 cubes.Out of which 32 were small cubes and 4 where big
a)How many cubes were there,colored on the face
b)How many cubes were colored on three faces.
16.A cask contain 40 liters milk.8 liters we taken out and filled with
water.The same process is contained second&third time.How much amount of
milk will be there?
2). union(one questions) Ans:a
Ans: Logical&routine error