Time Allowed : Three Hours Maximum Marks : 300
(d) Narmada River
(f) Gibson Desert
(h) Palk Strait
(b) Geomorphic processes
(d) Types of Farming
Geography - 1998 (Main) (Paper - II)
1. Answer any three of the following in about 200 words each
(a) Evaluate the feasibility of the proposed Ganga-Cauveri drainage link.
(b) Discuss the role of institutional factors in the efficiency and productivity of agriculture in
(c) Examine the resources of Andaman and
(d) Bring out the present-day position of exploitation and processing of nuclear minerals in
2. Critically examine the problems and prospects of tribal areas in
3. Discuss the cropping patterns in different agricultural regions of
4. Examine the pattern of distribution and mode of exploitation of bauxite in
5. Answer any three of the following in about 200 words each
(a) Examine the importance of industrial estates in
(b) Discuss the geographical control of rural settlement pattern in
(c) Explain the role of railways as a unifying factor in Indian economy.
(d) Discuss the geopolitical importance of
6. Bring out the trands in the development of fertilizer industry in
7. Discuss the concept of city region and referring to Indian cities, examine critically functional indicators used for delimiting the city region.
8. Discuss the role of languages in regional consciousness and national integration in